Excel parent-child path problem

mzlosmi

Hello, I am working in Excel and I am not advanced user of VBA, but I think I need VBA for this problem.

Zippyshare.com - primeeeer.xlsx

If there is anyone who might help, I would really appreciate it. So, the problem is, there are processes, and they depend one of another, depending on the written number. Process on the left affects process that is in the same column as some number in the same row as the process on the left. What I need is to make all the paths that can be made from this table: Process 1 - Process 2 - Process 3 - Process 4 - Process 5 would be one path.
If there is a number 2, then it only doubles all the paths where that relation is included.

Someone please help.

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
Hello, I am working in Excel and I am not advanced user of VBA, but I think I need VBA for this problem.

Zippyshare.com - primeeeer.xlsx

If there is anyone who might help, I would really appreciate it. So, the problem is, there are processes, and they depend one of another, depending on the written number. Process on the left affects process that is in the same column as some number in the same row as the process on the left. What I need is to make all the paths that can be made from this table: Process 1 - Process 2 - Process 3 - Process 4 - Process 5 would be one path.
If there is a number 2, then it only doubles all the paths where that relation is included.

Someone please help.

The referenced server site activates my security warning. Could be tracking malware, but I am not willing to chance it.

Upvote 0
You can be sure that I didn't attach anything to the original Excel file. It is a simple matrix with numbers that show which process depends on which. Feel free to open the file, and if you don't want to, then just tell me how would you solve a problem with multiple paths from parent-child matrix.

thanks

Upvote 0
You can be sure that I didn't attach anything to the original Excel file. It is a simple matrix with numbers that show which process depends on which. Feel free to open the file, and if you don't want to, then just tell me how would you solve a problem with multiple paths from parent-child matrix.

thanks

I would assume that it is much like working the critical path method (CPM) or even diagramming a computer program. If you draw a block diagram of how many steps are needed if everything is perfect, that will give you the total number of steps required. You can then use columns to represent those steps. Then within each column you would begin to list the dependencies fore each step (what actions to close the step and move to the next step. Do that for each step and you have your diagram with numbers bein assigned to each action. You can then arrange that information in any fashion you wish. The numbers tell what has to be done and the same number might apply in more than one place. I am not so sure that Excel is the best tool for such a projec, but it can work.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ianharper68

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back