Excel - Word - Chart Quality Diminishes after link Updates

mmohon

Hi everyone, I've done some searching but have not found an easy solution to this one.

I have a parent Excel file, that feeds a child Word file. I spent a lot of time coding a macro so that the Excel file can keep the links in the Word file pointing to it, as these files will be used by different people on different machines to produce reports. Basically there's a button in my excel file, it opens up a file browse menu, you choose the child word.doc template, it then opens it, looks for any Excel Link fields and changes the underlying code of the field to ensure it is pointing back at the parent excel file after file names or paths have been changed.

It's fragile, but it all seems to work just fine now. (BTW, I would have left the entire resulting document in Excel, but the user I'm developing it for insists it be put into word~)

One thing that I notice though, is after an update, all the charts look like they've been compressed.

I've toyed around with settings to try to prevent this compression. To no avail though. Is there something I can do to reset the chart to it's original state without any compression?

Edit: I'm using Excel & Word 2007. That might be useful info~

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VictorSiwiide

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back