Excel Worksheet Allowing Scroll Beyond Data

MrMaker

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,

My Excel365 has just started behaving strangely.

I create many simple reports of data in a month and for some reason (shown in the example below) the report has 11 rows of data but the worksheet allows scrolling way beyond that, indicated with the arrow on the image showing the small scroller).

Previously these reports just allowed scrolling for the data visible (there is no hidden data below, I have checked)

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Capture.JPG

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
My Excel365
Please put that information in your Account details (click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

I create many simple reports of data in a month ...
Without knowing exactly how your are doing that it is hard to have much idea but if you press Ctrl+End where do you end up?

Upvote 0
It was a difficult one to explain.

Essentially, I have a master report of 5000 rows which then gets split into 500+ reports of about 11-12 rows of data (using some splitting vba code).

On the split report the scroll bar never used to be so tiny (as in the image), which suggests to the end user there is more data below.

Frustrating, as it's just started doing this today

Upvote 0
And sorry, control + end takes me to the bottom cell of data (as expected)

Upvote 0
Try saving the workbook, close Excel and reopen.

Upvote 0
Out of curiosity I've just re-run the report process on a historical version of the workbook (which did work) and this too is now doing the strange scroll thing.

Infuriating

Upvote 0
Any chance that you could upload a copy of a workbook with the small scroll bar and any sensitive data disguised to DropBox/OneDrive etc and provide a shared link here so that we can see if the behaviour is replicated on our systems and investigate reasons/solutions?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back