Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2013
  3. 2010
  4. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
I have the following formula:

=INDEX(client_CTA_co_organization_regi!$S$2:$S30000,MATCH($B2&$C2,client_CTA_co_organization_regi!$B$2:$B30000&client_CTA_co_organization_regi!$C$2:$C30000,0))

It looks compares an email field between the client_CTA sheet and the email field in column J.

I have a conditional formatting rule that says if the Col J and S on the client_CTA sheet don't match highlight the cell red.

The rule works fine except in some instance both the email field and the client_CTA document are empty (neither have an email address in them).

In those cases where both cells are blank I get a zero value and the cell is highlighted red. I would like to exclude this value from the rule. I've tried using Len, IsBlank, W2 = 0 (column W is where I have the formula), W2 = 0. Nothing seems to work. Am I doing something wrong and is there a formula that I could use to create another rule to exclude 0 from the rule?

Thank you for your help.

Michael

OK, so the 0 is in W2?, how does that 0 get there, by a formula I'm guessing, please show That formula, I'm suspecting a TEXT version of 0

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Here is the formula, Index Match. The criteria is using the first and last name fields to pull the email address. The conditional formula has the 3 conditions, 2 which work and the 3rd one that doesn't.

Code:
=INDEX(client_CTA_co_organization_regi!$S$2:$S30000,MATCH($B2&$C2,client_CTA_co_organization_regi!$B$2:$B30000&client_CTA_co_organization_regi!$C$2:$C30000,0))

i would thought, like you, that I am returning a text version of zero but when I run the W2= 0 I get a true and when I run W2 = "" I get a false. Column S in the formula is the email address field

Michael

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
againofsoul

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back