<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>
I want to extract specific data to be transferred onto another sheet. Is there a formula I can use to transfer order numbers that bear these area codes PT, MSW, MSP & WCP onto another sheet. I have a long list that runs to row 3000 and more to be updated on daily basis. So I would like these numbers that bear the above mentioned area codes on another sheet so that I could separately work on them. I would like that sheet to be updated automatically instead filtering, copying and pasting.

Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Hi

No.5, is only counting upto 25 rows with the specific area code and does not go beyond that number although I have many more rows with the area codes PT, MSW, MSP and WCP. Kindly how can I fix this

Thank you in advance!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
Hi

No.5, is only counting upto 25 rows with the specific area code and does not go beyond that number although I have many more rows with the area codes PT, MSW, MSP and WCP. Kindly how can I fix this

Thank you in advance!

What does the following return?

=ROWS(Code)

Upvote 0
Hi I pasted the above formula on Sheet 2, row B7 and it read as '244', is this is correct to return a number? which I dont know what number this relates to

Code as we defined it contains 244 rows. This is what 224 means.

You say that the formula

{=SUM(IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(Code,$A$1:$A$4,0)),1))}

is "counting upto 25 rows." If this formula returns 25, that means it has counted all of the occurrences of the codes in A1:A4 and that count is 25.

Upvote 0
Code as we defined it contains 244 rows. This is what 224 means.

You say that the formula

{=SUM(IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(Code,$A$1:$A$4,0)),1))}

is "counting upto 25 rows." If this formula returns 25, that means it has counted all of the occurrences of the codes in A1:A4 and that count is 25.

Actually, there are more than 25 rows with the occurrences of the codes in A1:A4. 56 more but its not counting these 56 more. Anyway to make the formula to include those too?

Upvote 0
Actually, there are more than 25 rows with the occurrences of the codes in A1:A4. 56 more but its not counting these 56 more. Anyway to make the formula to include those too?

The set up is such that they should be included automatically. If 56 is the correct count, there is a problem (a) how Code is defined or (b) the codes in Code do somehow not match the codes in A1:A4.

What do you get with the following?

=SUM(IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(TRIM(Code),$A$1:$A$4,0)),1))

which must be confirmed with control+shift+enter, not just with enter.

Upvote 0
The set up is such that they should be included automatically. If 56 is the correct count, there is a problem (a) how Code is defined or (b) the codes in Code do somehow not match the codes in A1:A4.

What do you get with the following?

=SUM(IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(TRIM(Code),$A$1:$A$4,0)),1))

which must be confirmed with control+shift+enter, not just with enter.

Nope this didnt work

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lachbee

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back