Extract vectors from multiple dynamic matrices

pon_deña

Hello everyone.

The purpose of the worksheet is to assist in generating x and y coordinates by entering information at Range C2:C13. The inputs are for:

Rows Per Group
Columns per Group
Starting X-Coordinate
Starting Y-Coordinate
Starting Z-Coordinate
Rectangle Width
Rectangle Height
Distance between horizontal groups
Distance between vertical groups
Number of horizontal groups
Number of vertical groups
Define Quadrant.

Cells in the Range E2:CZ101 calculate the x and y coordinates based on the user defined number of rows and columns per group and the number of groups and the desired orientation.

My challenge is extracting vectors from the multiple dynamic matrices that result from the above information. For example, I have my first 2 row 3 column group at E2:G3, a second group at H2:J3, a third group at K2:M3, a fourth group at E4:G5, and so on till we end with the ninth group at K6:M7.

I would like for the coordinates to list vertically in order by group. The individual groups should take the order of left to right, top to bottom and move to the next group to the right. Referencing the example above, the cell values should appear vertically in this order:

E2, F2, G2, E3, F3, G3, H2, I2, J2, H3, I3, J3, K2, L2, M2, K3, L3, M3, E4, F4, G4, E5, F5, G5, H4, 4I, J4, H5, I5, J5, K4, L4, M4, K5, L5 M5 and so forth until we end with the values at M7.

To whomever is reading this and attempting to help, I appreciate your effort and time. This is my first forum post and I appreciate any advice on posting in the forums. I originally crafted this post with the intent that I would attach my workbook, but then realized I was not able to attach a file.

Thanks again for your help.

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Sorry folks,

I saw that I left some information out. The information as it relates to the example above is:

Rows Per Group: 2
Columns per Group: 3

Starting X-Coordinate: 0
Starting Y-Coordinate: 0
Starting Z-Coordinate: 0
Rectangle Width: 36
Rectangle Height 14.75
Distance between horizontal groups: 12
Distance between vertical groups: 24
Number of horizontal groups: 3
Number of vertical groups: 3

Define Quadrant: +,+

The red Italic text defines what constitutes a group, and how many groups across and how many groups down.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacob_mcbride

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back