Extracting the newest date based on 2 criteria

ambepat

Board Regular
Hi Guys,

I am trying to extract records for the newest date within a set of data that meets 2 criteria.

I have tried this array formula below but it returns a #VALUE error.

Here is the formula I have tried. For some reason it is not working and I need to understand why
=LARGE(IF($L$2:$L$671=$J2,IF($D$2:$D$6584=N$1,$G$2:$G$6584)),1)

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Patrick

About the formulas in ranges, Yes we have Number value formula in the U range, Index Match formula in the H range and Int formula in the M range

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
About the formulas in ranges, Yes we have Number value formula in the U range, Index Match formula in the H range and Int formula in the M range

Do these formulas produce errors like #N/A, put otherwise, do we have error values in these ranges?

Upvote 0
We have about 59 rows in the M range that has the [URL=https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=VALUE]#VALUE [/URL] because the cell for which the int formula points to is blank.

And in the U range we have about 29 rows with the [URL=https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=VALUE]#VALUE [/URL]

You could try to suppress the #VALUE ! errors by adjusting the output of the formulas which generate them.

Or control+shift+enter, not just enter:

=MAX(IF(IFERROR('Data - PMC'!$U$2:$U$6584),"")='Service Matrix'!$C18,IF('Data - PMC'!$H$2:$H$6584='Service Matrix'!AW$17,IF(ISNUMBER('Data - PMC'!$M$2:$M$6584),'Data - PMC'!$M$2:$M$6584)))

If you would rather modify the error-generating formulas, try to post them.

Upvote 0
You could try to suppress the #VALUE ! errors by adjusting the output of the formulas which generate them.

Or control+shift+enter, not just enter:

=MAX(IF(IFERROR('Data - PMC'!$U$2:$U$6584),"")='Service Matrix'!$C18,IF('Data - PMC'!$H$2:$H$6584='Service Matrix'!AW$17,IF(ISNUMBER('Data - PMC'!$M$2:$M$6584),'Data - PMC'!$M$2:$M$6584)))

If you would rather modify the error-generating formulas, try to post them.

Hi Aladin,

Thanks for your reply. Still doesn't work even with the ISNumber. I am not sure what else to do to extract the Max of this unique values. Is there any other way of doing it? I am just baffled it is not giving me what I want as it really should be working.

P

Upvote 0
Hi Aladin,

Thanks for your reply. Still doesn't work even with the ISNumber. I am not sure what else to do to extract the Max of this unique values. Is there any other way of doing it? I am just baffled it is not giving me what I want as it really should be working.

P

What did you get with the new formula?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CodeCybear

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back