Filtering data and populating comboboxes with VBA

Samuca

Hi everyone.
I have three different data sets/tables that contains some common columns.
The first five columns of each table have the same data type: case, period, place, process, unit.
The rest of the columns have different, but correlated, data.
The first table contains the feed streams of each process unit, operating in a particular operational mode, of a particular place, in a particular period, for a particular case.
The second one indicates for how long a particular process unit ran in a particular operational model of a particular place, in a particular period, for a particular case.
The third one, finally, contains data related to the product streams of a operational mode of a process unit of a particular place, in a particular period, for a particular case.

So far, in order to make my job easy, I've create three pivot tables: Feed streams, Process Mode and Production.
I've also create a macro to automate the pivot tables selection. I mean, first I select the case, them the period, place, process and unit and all three pivot tables automatically "bring" the information for the selection criteria.
The selection is made through a series of combo-boxes, one for each parameter.
To populate the combo-boxes, today, I use a macro that runs a series of filters in order to bring only meaningful data to the combo-boxes. I mean, when I select a particular place, I just want to see process units of this particular place and not all the others.
The procedure reads and writes the data in a spreadsheet, as a background process, and are taking too long.

I wonder if there is a clever way of populating the combo-boxes, using some sort of filtering process directly within the VBA code and not using the spreadsheet reading and writing procedure that I actually use.

Somehow, emulate the current process, but within VBA, without reading and writing to a spreadsheet.

Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheerfulWalker

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back