Filtering Data Every 10 or 30 minutes

jilex21

Background:
The data collected from our proprietary software can be converted into Excel format using the file conversion utility. The data collected is for every minute. The 3-4 day run can generate 50000 rows. The first column is Date/time in the format of mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm AM/PM.

My question: How do we filter the data so that it will only show every 10 or 30 minutes, instead of every minute?

any chance you would know how to average the data. For instance, I am logging temperature data at 1 second intervals. I am looking to take the average over the previous 60 seconds so my data is in Minutes. Any suggestions?

Welcome to MrExcel. Can you elaborate on how the data is stored and how you want it presented? For instance, do you have a row of data for each second? And I presume you want to take blocks of 60 rows at a time and present the average for each minute on a separate sheet - is that correct?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Subhash Chand

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back