Find and Replacing Old Account with New Account

normanbox

Good morning,
I know this has been answered a number of times already, but I don’t know enough VBA to interpret the code and manipulate it to meet my specific needs. Basically, I need to search column A for old account numbers (listed in column C), and replace the old account numbers with new account numbers (listed in column E). I also have text in columns D and F I use as a feature to track which account numbers have been searched and replaced. Here’s a sample of my structure followed by the macro I created (doesn’t work).

QueriesOld AccountSearched?New AccountCompleted?
QryMBLACCT_814EYesACCT_814E1Yes
SELECT DISTINCT CUData.REGION, CUData.SE, CUData.DISTRICT AS Dist, CUData.CU_NUMBER AS Charter, CUData.CU_NAME AS Name, CUData.STATE, CUData.CURRENT_NCUA_CAMEL AS CAMEL, CUData.CURRENT_STATE_CAMEL AS [SSA CAMEL], FS220_CC.Cycle_date AS Cycle, FS220_CC.ACCT_010 AS Assets, FS220A_CC.Acct_997 AS [Net Worth], FS220_CC.ACCT_025B AS Loans, [FS220H_CC]![ACCT_400T] AS NMBLB, IIf([Loans]=0,0,([NMBLB]/[Loans])*100) AS [NMBLB to Lns], [FS220H_CC]![ACCT_814E] AS Unfund, [NMBLB]-[Unfund] AS [NMBLB-Unfund], ([NMBLB-Unfund]/[Assets])*100 AS [NMBLB OS to Asts], FS220_PP1!ACCT_400A+FS220_PP1!ACCT_400B AS [Prior NMBLB], IIf([Prior NMBLB]=0,0,([NMBLB]-[Prior NMBLB])/[Prior NMBLB])*100*FS220_CC!AnnFactor AS [NMBLB Growth], [FS220I_CC]![ACCT_041G1]+[FS220I_CC]![ACCT_041G2]+[FS220I_CC]![ACCT_041P1]+[FS220I_CC]![ACCT_041P2] AS [MBL Delq], IIf([NMBLB-Unfund]=0,0,(([MBL Delq]/[NMBLB-Unfund])*100)) AS [MBL Delq Ratio], FS220C_CC!ACCT_550G-FS220C_CC!ACCT_551G+FS220C_CC!ACCT_550H-FS220C_CC!ACCT_551H AS [MBL Net CO], IIf([NMBLB]=0,0,([MBL Net CO]/[NMBLB])*100) AS [MBL CO Ratio], IIf([Assets]=0,0,([NMBLB]/[Assets]*100)) AS [NMBLB to Assets], IIf([Net Worth]=0,0,([NMBLB]/[Net Worth])) AS [NMBLB times NW], IIf([NMBLB to Assets]>12.25 Or [NMBLB times NW]>1.75,"Exceeds Regulatory Limit"," ") AS RiskACCT_041G1YesACCT_041G9Yes
FROM ((((((CUData INNER JOIN FS220_CC ON CUData.JOIN_NUMBER = FS220_CC.join_number) INNER JOIN FS220A_CC ON (FS220_CC.Cycle_date = FS220A_CC.Cycle_date) AND (FS220_CC.join_number = FS220A_CC.join_number)) INNER JOIN FS220B_CC ON (FS220A_CC.Cycle_date = FS220B_CC.Cycle_date) AND (FS220A_CC.join_number = FS220B_CC.join_number)) INNER JOIN FS220C_CC ON (FS220B_CC.Cycle_date = FS220C_CC.Cycle_date) AND (FS220B_CC.join_number = FS220C_CC.join_number)) INNER JOIN FS220I_CC ON (FS220C_CC.Cycle_date = FS220I_CC.Cycle_date) AND (FS220C_CC.join_number = FS220I_CC.join_number)) INNER JOIN FS220H_CC ON (FS220I_CC.Cycle_date = FS220H_CC.Cycle_date) AND (FS220I_CC.join_number = FS220H_CC.join_number)) INNER JOIN FS220_PP1 ON FS220H_CC.join_number = FS220_PP1.join_number;ACCT_041G2YesACCT_041G10Yes
ACCT_041P2ACCT_041P10

<tbody>
</tbody><colgroup><col span="6"></colgroup>

Here’s the code:
Sub FindReplace()
'
' FindReplace Macro
'
Range("D1").Select
Selection.End(xlDown).Select
ActiveCell.Offset(1, -1).Range("A1").Select
Selection.Copy
Range("F1").Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Copy
Columns("A:A").Select
Selection.Replace What:="Acct_814E", Replacement:="Acct_814E1", LookAt:= _
xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False, _
ReplaceFormat:=False
Range("D1").Select
Selection.Copy
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Range("A1").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 2).Range("A1").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
End Sub

I tried replacing the “Acct_814E” and “Acct_814E1 with an “Acct_*”, but that didn’t work.

Thank you for your help.

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
I am rewriting my request because I've had nobody reply so far. I hope this isn't very complex, but I'm afraid I may have made it look scary be providing too much detail. Please let me know if what I need can be accomplished and the solution if you have one.

Help Please,

I know this has been answered a number of times already, but I don’t know enough VBA to interpret the code and manipulate it to meet my specific needs. Basically, I need to update old account information with new account information by doing a find and replace. The problem is, I have a bunch of items I need to ‘replace’, so I’d like a macro with a loop to search for old account numbers (the list of account numbers to search is listed in column C) that are in Column A and replace the old account numbers in Column A with the new account numbers found in Column E. There are 270 account numbers to search. Here’s the macro I have; however, it doesn’t work:
Sub FindReplace()
'
' FindReplace Macro
'

'
Range("D1").Select
Selection.Copy
Range("F1").Select
Selection.Copy
Columns("A:A").Select
Selection.Replace What:="Acct_814E", Replacement:="Acct_814E1", LookAt:= _
xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False, _
ReplaceFormat:=False
Range("D1").Select
Selection.Copy
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Range("A1").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 2).Range("A1").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
End Sub

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingiloum

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back