Finding a similar golf course in an excel spreadsheet

Bear Bag

I have an Excel of 30,000 golf courses. The sheet has row 1 with titles of the columns. Column 1 is the name of a course, columns 2 to 19 are numbered 1 to 18 for each hole. Row 2 to Row 30,000 has a course name in column 1 and the par for each hole of that course in the columns 2-19. I need a formula to check each row for an exact par sequence of 4,3,4,5,4,3,4,4,5,5,3,4,4,3,4,4,4,5. My goal is to id all courses with this exact sequence of par.

Thanks to all. I used the "nested and" function and as Mr. Excel MVP points out, there was low probability of a match and none was found. For further information, I have published an iPhone app to calculate Strokes Gained Putting in golf. The database of courses is outdated, and I was looking for a course with the same hole sequence to substitute for a non-listed course. If one could be identified, all my 53 golf stats would calculate properly. But, alas, non is found. Thanks for a lot of expertise here. Case closed.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nana abanyin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back