Football algorithm - statistics

pero365

Hi, I have a bit of a problem. Usually I manage to find answers and solutions in the older threads (thanks to everyone for posting answers on the site), but this time I was forced to register and post my issue :).

I m designing an algorithm for a football game, the issue is statistics. It would be great if I could simulate 10.000 matches and have the statistics to be able to make necessary tweaks.
Since the algorithm uses a lot of the RAND function, I recalculate the result by pressing F9. The screenshot shows what the end result looks like – I have a sheet “REZ” where this is located.
2018-11-16-101205.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
It would be perfect if the simulated matches could be recorded on separate sheet for example “STAT”. - I would like to copy the 4 important info from every match (Goal team 1 (U3), Goal team 2 (U15), chances team 1(K3), Chances team 2(K15) ) into one row -for example c10:c10010 in the “STAT” sheet.
2018-11-16-101127.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

If it is possible to simulate 10000 matches and place the results in rows, I could easily extrapolate the statistics. I m a bit new to VBA, but I think I could manage with a bit of help.
I hope I presented the issue clearly and thanks for the help in advance.

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
Update for people with a similar problem:

I managed to get the results I needed; but the solution is a bit rough. I used the info from a previous thread on how to collect dana and (hard) copied it for my own scenario.
https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel...-formula-calculation-into-separate-table.html

For the 4 columns that I need, I use 4 different macros on 4 different spreadsheets (1, 2, 11, 22), as described in the thread. It would be much more elegant and efficient, if possible, to have one macro, that fills all 4 columns at once.

2018-11-21-101744.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back