For Each Range in Range???

Captain_Conman

Board Regular
Hi Everyone,

Instead of using "For each Cell in Range" I was wondering if there is a way of doing "For each Range in Range"

For example, in column A, I have a list of store numbers. It may appear one time, or it may appear multiples...

STORE 1358
STORE 1358
STORE 1362
STORE 1389
STORE 1389
STORE 1411
STORE 1419
STORE 1419
STORE 1426
STORE 1427
STORE 1429
STORE 1433
STORE 1433
STORE 1434
STORE 1434
STORE 1435
STORE 1435
STORE 1446
STORE 1485
STORE 1509
STORE 1513
STORE 1513
STORE 1513
STORE 1513
STORE 1513
STORE 1513
STORE 1513
STORE 1513

<colgroup><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Essentially, I would like to loop through column A, but instead of looking at each cell, is there a way to look at each group of cells (each store)? What code would look at the group of cells instead of just one at a time?

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
Unless you have predefined named ranges ahead of time, I don't think there is any way to do that. There is nothing "inherent" that tells Excel that cells with the same value are blocked off into distinct ranges. You would need to define it ahead of time. And if this is a dynamic situation, that really is not going to be feasible.

Upvote 0
I figured that may be the case, but I have thousands of store numbers... I will have to figure something else out! Thanks

Upvote 0
What exactly is it that you are trying to do?
If the issue is the code is slow because you are looping through each cell, there are ways to speed it up.
If you post your code and explain what you are trying to do, we may be able to help you with that.

Upvote 0
Depending on what you are trying to do, one possibility (If your stores are sorted) maybe to insert a blank row between different stores & you could then look at areas

Upvote 0
I apologize if this is turning into a duplicate thread. But please refer to this post to get a better understanding of my goal... https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/1065716-highlight-rows-based-sum-multiple-cells.html

Essentially, I exported a bunch of data from our ERP system...

If the store numbers are the same, the PO#s are the same, and the sum of the balances equal zero, I want the rows to be highlighted.

So for each store, I wanted to find out if any number of the transactions can balance out to zero, if summed.

However, the number of transaction may vary, and a "match" may include more than one line.

I know this is complex and I am not explaining it well, but I really do appreciate your help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan the procrastinator

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back