form locking out other sheets

synergy16

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
good morning all. im having an issue that when a user opens a form taht i made based on VBA code, it locks them out from access to any other non-related excel sheets. is there a fix for this?

I asked if you had any other code in the Initialize, or Activate events, in-case there was something there that was setting the form back to Modal.
But as you can interact with some other sheets/workbooks, that would not seem to be the case.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
I asked if you had any other code in the Initialize, or Activate events, in-case there was something there that was setting the form back to Modal.
But as you can interact with some other sheets/workbooks, that would not seem to be the case.

ahhhhhhhhh, what YOU said was redundant and you edited it. got ya, lol, i thought you were saying the extra info i gave was redundant. and ya, its very weird how its acting.

Upvote 0
Hi synergy

First, thanks for the thanks. In post #6 you show a Userform_Initialize routine. If this is being triggered by a show statement somewhere, make sure that that show statement has (0) on it as well.
In relation to post #7 ,
i can access another excel sheet if i open a new excel file from the windows search bar function
What is happening here is that Windows is creating a whole new instance of the excel application. The scope of any application based things (such as modal/non-modal forms, automatic v manual calculation) is limited to each excel instance. So when you open via the search bar function you get a second excel.

Upvote 0
ya, thats what i figured with the second instance of excel but i would still like to not have to have the user need to do that.

First, thanks for the thanks. In post #6 you show a Userform_Initialize routine. If this is being triggered by a show statement somewhere, make sure that that show statement has (0) on it as well.

can you expand on this a little more? where exactly should the "show statement" be? what sub routine?

Upvote 0
A quick note to satisfy my OCD.

Instead of

.Show (0)

you should use

.Show vbModeless

It is easier to read later, when you've forgotten what 0 means in this context.

Also, no need for the parentheses around the argument, even if you don't change to the vb constant vbModeless.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stevenciu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back