Formula - Combining sumproduct and indexmatch

NathanA

I am using a sumproduct array formula to calculate the cost of a course and primarily have the raw data on sheet 'Data'. However, on sheet 'List', there is a growing list with the unique code of each student and whether the cost has already been paid.

Replica of sheet 'List':

Contact ID Payment delivered?

CON-X
CON-Y
CON-Z
CON-A Yes
CON-B Yes
CON-C Yes

If there isn't a "Yes", I'd like the cost calculated from sheet 'Data' as per the formula below.

Code:
={0.8*(0.4*(((SUMPRODUCT((('Data'!$B:$B="Thoroughbred Racing")+('Data'!$B:$B="Equine Breeding"))*('Data'!$I:$I="No")*('Data'!$M:$M<>"Yes")*(TEXT('Data'!$E:$E,"mmmm")&" "&TEXT('Data'!$E:$E,"yyyy")=B$1),'Data'!$K:$K,'Data'!$L:$L))/12)*3200))}

I have tried using indexmatch as another variable in the formula and combined with an if statement, but it hasn't worked since I'm looking at an entire column as a lookup value.

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
Hello,

If I understand correctly ... just create a Dynamic Named Range in your sheet 'List' ...

403 Forbidden

HTH

Upvote 0
Thanks for replying. I have named the ranges on 'List', but I don't understand how to match the data back to sheet 'Data' in the above formula. Is there a way to incorporate it directly into the above formula without using index match on sheet 'Data'?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jesski

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back