Formula Help

Domroy

Board Regular
I have a large amount of data. I have a scenario where, in column BP (starting at row 6), I need to populate a formula that will look at the claim number in column AS. There will be multiple lines with the same claim number in AS. I need it to compare all the claim numbers that are the same, and check in the respective range in BO, and see if there is more than one discharge date (which is the information in BO), per unique claim number.

So, to better explain, I have 5 rows that have the claim number 12345, let's say. They may or may not be sorted so they are all together. I need the formula, if possible, to check for claim number 12345 in every instance, and tell me how many different discharge dates there are in BO for those rows. We're hoping they'll all be the same, but we are error checking.

Can you help?

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
Bp6:
If(countif($as$6:$as$50000,as6)=countifs(as$6:$as$50000,as6,bo$6:$bo$50000,bo6),"ok",as6&" - "&bo6&": "&countifs(as$6:$as$50000,as6,bo$6:$bo$50000,bo6)&" instances")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
championbowler

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back