Formula to Search If/Then/Else

SadCowDisease

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello all,
I've been trying to create a database for my teams new classes, and I'm running into a syntax issue.
I'm new to excel formulas, and am fresh from beginner Python 3, so it's getting a bit jumbled.
Basically, I have a sheet with raw data on tests passed, failed, and missing, and a place where I want to display who needs to submit/ resubmit what class. Data is split into cells on a back-end page, organized by columns A (class) | B-M (Passed) | N-Z (Failed) | AA-AM (Missing), displaying names of each person in each category.
So what I need is a formula that looks by row, checks the class name against passing students, and if there is a class that doesn't have a given name, then it prints the class name.
Thus far, the best I've made is one that checks class name against missing column for specific names, but I need to be able to also get failed names, and not including passing ones.
Here's what I've gotten thus far, as mentioned above:
=IFERROR(UNIQUE(FILTER('Knowledge Checks'!E:E,'Knowledge Checks'!H:H=C2)),"No Class Missing")

Seems to be missing this part.

For example, why is EH listed for either class since they passed Calls (cell C5) and they passed Reports (cell C11)?
The reason for that is I haven't figured out how to basically run an if/ else statement in excel. Some names, like EH, are there due to that list coming from only the failed or missing columns. Ideally, it would be pulling if in failed or missing, and not if found in passed.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
I'm afraid that I am getting more confused. I asked you to enter the results you wanted and explain how you got those results manually. Your answer does not tell me how you got the results manually but instead gives a description of how you are struggling with an Excel formula. I'm actually not even sure that the results in rows 22 and 23 of post 9 are the correct answers? If they are the results that you want, can you please tell me how you worked out manually why EH has Calls and Reports listed as "failed and missing classes"

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back