Formulas not calculating correctly

EvelynTN

Help! I have spreadsheet in excel, and a few of the cells are not calculating correctly. My worksheet has 4,000+ rows, and one column has the following formula:

=IF(AL4051="D",IF(+T4051=1,COUNTIFS(AL$2:AL4051,"D",U$2:U4051,"<3",A$2:A4051,A4051,T$2:T4051,1),0),0)

The formula calculated correctly for all but 6 of the cells. For these cells, it tripped up in the column U value for the row. The 6 cells had "3" as the value in column U (and all other conditions to be counted met), and it returned a "1" instead of a "0".

I read about 'dirty cells'. I fixed three of the formulas by replacing the equals sign (click and dragging the formula didn't work). Same formula, but apparently triggered it to recalculate. Then I saved the worksheet. I went to fix the remaining three formulas, and replacing the equals sign didn't work on them.

Even if I can fix these remaining 3 cells, there is a count on another sheet that isn't updating after the 3 fixed cells were changed. Help!

Is there a way to globally fix this dirty cell problem? I really don't want the manually check every time the worksheet is updated. i am using Excel 2016.

Thanks in advance, Evelyn

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
=IF(AL3936="D",IF(T3936=1,IF(U3936<3,COUNTIFS(AL$2:AL3936,"D",A$2:A3936,A3936,T$2:T3936,1),0),0),0)

Arguably, a simplification:

=IF(AND(AL3936="D",T3936=1,U3936<3),COUNTIFS(AL$2:AL3936,"D",A$2:A3936,A3936,T$2:T3936,1),0)

When I am building aformula from inside out, I'll start with +before the cell address.[/FONT][/COLOR]

I don't know why you would. It's not like you're using the numeric keypad for such formulas. (The excuse that some people give for starting formulas with "+".)

Whatever! I just wanted to be sure there was no misunderstanding.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Wamp

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back