Formulas NOT Updating

Argo

Hello All,

I have a semi-complicated workbook that encompasses about 11 sheets all referencing one another. The main sheet is basically a sum of all the information from the other sheets. We are using this sheet to calculate the counters from the copy machine to charge each individual separatly. However, not all users pay the same price per copy (so the numbers get a little complicated). The problem comes in because I need to update the sheet with four new users (users are based on a number) that need to be placed in numerical order with the existing users. Numbers 225, 461,969, and 7937.

Example of Formula:
=SUM('Canon IR7095 Back Office'!C57,'Canon IR3030 6th Flr.'!B57,'Canon IR5065 7th Flr.'!B57,'Canon IR3320N 7th Flr.'!

This perticular formula needs all references to reference B57 which is the line that it is on in the spreadsheet which is currently correct. Now when I try to insert a new row (whether it be copy/pasted, brand new, above or below) this formula will not change, even though the line has changed to 58 or 56 (depending on whether it was inserted above of below). When this happens it messes up all the totals on the main sheet.

Does anyone know how to get this to update itself when a new row is inserted? Or a better way to add these new users? I'm really at wits end with this and its more than a days work if I have to manually update each line... Its over 200 users. I have a deadline, please help!!! :confused:

Using Excel 2007, on Windows XP Pro

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
You try creating a named range across the sheets

='Canon IR7095 Back Office'!C57+'Canon IR3030 6th Flr.'!B57+'Canon IR5065 7th Flr.'!B57+'Canon IR3320N 7th Flr.'!
call it sumrange

then sum(sumrange)

Upvote 0
You try creating a named range across the sheets

='Canon IR7095 Back Office'!C57+'Canon IR3030 6th Flr.'!B57+'Canon IR5065 7th Flr.'!B57+'Canon IR3320N 7th Flr.'!
call it sumrange

then sum(sumrange)

No I haven't. How would I go about doing that? Just so you know, I'm not the one that created the spreadsheet (I'm not that comfortable with Excel) I was just told to update it. Also, would that give it that "live update" type feel that I'm trying to get?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickWBA

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back