Getting the Active Cell to correspond to ComboBox/drop-down list selection

PCMan

Hello All,

I'm new to the forum and haven't had a lot of time to scour the contents, so if this question has been answered before, I apologize.

Background:
I'm working a creating a spreadsheet as a classification system for certain documents. I realize Excel is not the most elegant solution, but it's what I have to work with.

Problem:
I'm trying to create a userform in Excel that will allow me to select an item from a drop down list and then, mark/unmark a series of checkboxes relevant to the drop down list selection. The problem I'm having is figuring out how to make the Active cell correspond to the selection from the drop down list.

In other words, in my spread sheet I am using Column A as my RowSource for the ComboBox/Drop-down list. In Row 1 I have column headings. Subsequent rows consist of an entry for the document name in colum A and then formulized entries in columns B thru I. Columns G thru AX are the columns that I'd like to be able to populate using my userform checkboxes.

I have the code that will allow me to populate the classification columns (G thru AX) (i.e. I was going to just use the Range.Offset(x,y)), but cannot for the life of me figure out how to be able to select an item from the drop-down list and have the cell containing that data become the active cell in the worksheet.

Any help will be much appreciated. Hopefully this is clear enough, but if further explanation is needed, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hana2911

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back