Getting the RGB code off of Excel's pre-set Styles (Excel 2007)

jning

Hi everyone,

I am using excel 2007 and need to use pie charts for a presentation. My boss insists on using one of the pre-set styles ("Chart Style 11", a lot of shades of blue). However, I need to manually create a legend in powerpoint using text boxes, and I'd like to fill in the text boxes using the RGBs for the pre-set style. However, I cannot find a way to find the RGB codes, in order to get the exact colors. When I go to "format data series" and go to "fill", it is set to automatic, but when I try to go to solid fill in order to extract the RGB code it changes colors on me.

Is there a way to get this in excel or is it in a manual somewhere?

Thanks.

jning

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Click on a data point on the chart>Format Data Series>Marker Fill (the Automatic button will be selected)>Solid Fill>Colors>Custom Tab. The current RGB settings will be seen on this tab. With Excel 2010 I get R=79; G = 129 and B = 189 for Chart Style 11.

Upvote 0
Are you sure?

I am using a pie chart with eight different parts. I was hoping to find a way to get each RGB code for each part of the pie. When I try your method, it changes all the different parts of the pie chart to the same color. Do you happen to know a way around this?

Click on a data point on the chart>Format Data Series>Marker Fill (the Automatic button will be selected)>Solid Fill>Colors>Custom Tab. The current RGB settings will be seen on this tab. With Excel 2010 I get R=79; G = 129 and B = 189 for Chart Style 11.

Upvote 0
Are you sure?

I am using a pie chart with eight different parts. I was hoping to find a way to get each RGB code for each part of the pie. When I try your method, it changes all the different parts of the pie chart to the same color. Do you happen to know a way around this?
Didn't notice it is a pie chart. With the chart selected, double-click any wedge. Then on the Format Data Series dialog box that opens select Fill>Solid Fill>Fill Color Drop Down select More Colors>Custom. The Custom tab will display the RGB values for that wedge. Repeat for other wedges.

EDIT: Sorry, just tried this myself and it will only get you the RGB for what I assume is the base color for the shades of blue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bes000

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back