Goal seek for multiple sheets

Biswas Uprety

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
I have multiple sheets (30+ sheets) and I need to use goal seek analysis at once for all the sheets. Is it possible? Please help. It would really save me a lot of time.

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
you have 1 parameter used in +30 sheets and the result (total?) of those +30 sheets is again summariced in 1 cell and this you want to do in 1 step ??
Is there a lineair relation between both or what ?

It seems difficult, just give it a try.
Otherwise, a small loop in VBA with 100 points in a specific range and write the result in a table.
That can give you a quick idea for a 2nd more detailed loop,

Upvote 0
Yes, the parameters and formulae in all the sheets are same. Only the values are different. I want to get the result at once either using goal seek or loop or by any other means. For example I can analyze a single worksheet using goal seek and then work on another and then another. But it takes too much time. So is there any way to analyze all the worksheets at once?

Upvote 0
I don't know what you really want at this moment, but suppose you have 100 sheets, al with a tiny difference and you want them all to provide with 1 value and know the result afterwards in the sheet "Summary".
VBA Code:
Sub MultipleSheets()
     Dim Result(1 To 100)
     For i = 1 To 100
          With Sheets("MySheet" & i)
               .Range("A1").Value = i                           '----> give A1 of every sheet "MySheetx" a value
               Result(i) = .Range("Z1").Value                   '--->remember the value after calculation of that sheet
          End With
     Next
     Sheets("Summary").Range("A1").Resize(, 100).Value = Result     '--> write the 100 values in sheet Summary
End Sub
(I didn't check for errors)
So what is your goal ?

Upvote 0
I tried what u said above but it didn't work. My problem goes like this:
Suppose there are 100 students and i need to prepare their report. There's a single worksheet for every students calculating their individual marks among various subjects and percentage and the there is a common worksheet which includes practical marks and their attendance marks of all students. So for each student's worksheet I have taken a a reference from the common worksheet for their practical marks. I need to analyze how much marks a student must secure to pass (lets say 60) and if they obtain less than 60(lets say 45), how much extra marks should I give the student?

you have been really helpful and I am really hoping to solve soon, so please help

Upvote 0
This is a guess, i don't know the cells involved and the wanted result
VBA Code:
Sub MultipleStudent()
     For i = 1 To 2
          With Sheets("Student" & i)
               naam = .Range("A1").Value                        'student's name
               ptns1 = .Range("K1").Value                       'student own points
               ptns2 = Sheets("Common").Range("P20").Value      'points for the whole class
               ptns3 = ptns1 + ptns2                            'total points
               ptns4 = Application.Max(0, 60 - ptns3)           'points still needed for 60
               s = s & Join(Array(naam, ptns1, ptns2, ptns3, ptns4), "; ") & vbLf     ' add data to tempory string
          End With
     Next
     MsgBox s, vbInformation, UCase("the points for the students")
End Sub

Upvote 0
I have attached a picture below. Maybe me being new to vba, I haven't been able to solve even after your so much help.
Like in the picture below, I have 280 other similar worksheets with only change in depth and width of foundation. There are also many "other" worksheets in the same workbook and values from these "other" worksheets have been referenced in the 280 worksheets. Maybe now we can come to a conclusion. I would really be grateful if it happens though I am already am for you previous help.
Thanking for your effort

Attachments

• Goalseek1.png
    Goalseek1.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 21
Upvote 0
280 sheets with added value and 280 auxiliary sheets, overkill ?
What's the difference between sheet152 and sheet153 ?

How can excel know what kind of sheet it is ? The name of the sheet (starts or ends with ...), the content of cell A1, ...
The sheet with added value and the auxiliary sheet work as pairs together ?
You want to change the blue cell (address ???) and read the value of the 2 cells with the red arrows (addresses ???)

Upvote 0
No the auxiliary sheets are lot less because unlike in added value sheets, foundation are designed for all the depths in the same sheet. Added value sheets are different for different width of foundation and that's all. And added value sheets are dependent on auxiliary sheets but not the other way around. And analysis is to be done for only added value sheets. I have posted another picture to make it more clear. Maybe it will be clear. I have also added screenshots of my different worksheets names. Images s1 to s13 are screenshots of worksheets names.

Attachments

• s1.png
    s1.png
    237.9 KB · Views: 10
  • s2.png
    s2.png
    239.8 KB · Views: 11
  • s3.png
    s3.png
    241.8 KB · Views: 10
  • s4.png
    s4.png
    243.2 KB · Views: 11
  • s5.png
    s5.png
    245.8 KB · Views: 10
  • s6.png
    s6.png
    246.8 KB · Views: 8
  • s7.png
    s7.png
    249.8 KB · Views: 9
  • s8.png
    s8.png
    249.3 KB · Views: 9
  • s9.png
    s9.png
    247.6 KB · Views: 8
  • s10.png
    s10.png
    249.5 KB · Views: 8
  • s11.png
    s11.png
    245.9 KB · Views: 8
  • s12.png
    s12.png
    249.5 KB · Views: 8
  • s13.png
    s13.png
    225.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot 2022-01-20 010234.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-20 010234.png
    102.5 KB · Views: 10
Upvote 0
I cam up with a simple code which goes as (In my case):

Sub goal_Seek()
Dim row As Integer
row = 90
Do While Cells(row, 5) <> ""
Cells(row, "E").GoalSeek goal:=Cells(155, "F"), Changingcell:=Cells(row, "D")
row = row + 1
Loop
End Sub

Since my changing cell is also referenced and not a value(Value refenced from another sheet) while in calculation, it gives me message "Runtime error 1004" "Reference is not valid". Isn't there any way to use changing cell not as a value but rather as a reference.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back