Golf Handicaps

Richard2542

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2013
I have a list of 100 names with associated golf scores/handicaps. I need to develop 5 Flights (A, B, C, D, E) into which players will be placed based on their score/handicap, e.g., players who score par to 10 over par (this is a variable) would be placed into Flight A; Players 11 to ? would be in Flight B, etc. Ideally, we would have 20 players or thereabout per group. In addition, the range of scores/handicap by player may change each week resulting in a shift of players within given flights. This will be used for tournament play where each group of 4 players will have 1 A Player, 1 B Player, etc. to even out the field.

Re: Golf Handicps

Kevin...your solution is terrific, however, I have run into a "brick wall"...here's the problem: We use 5 flights and divide the 5 Flights into Foursomes. Is there a reasonable solution for this application?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Re: Golf Handicps

Richard,

I’m guessing you use five flights for additional individual games?

What I would do in that position, use 2 copies of the spreadsheet. Use the first copy to make your 5 flights for the additional games, and use the second sheet to make four flights and make your even foursomes. You don’t need to show the four flights on your pairings/scorecards, they will easily see they were paired by handicap.

Make sense? Please let me know if we need a different solution. Happy to try to help!

Kevin

Upvote 0
Kevin...you did such a great job in helping solve the above problem; I thought you might be able to help me on a current project...I would really appreciate your help.

1588979979136.png

Upvote 0
Kevin...you did such a great job in helping solve the above problem; I thought you might be able to help me on a current project...I would really appreciate your help.

View attachment 13411

Hello Richard,

I've wrestled with this same situation for years, and have yet to find a reliable way to automate it. I still pay in the division, gross or net, where they make the most pretty much manually. I'll watch to see if the others have any ideas...

Kevin

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghennedy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back