Google Sheets - Addresses on one line

pattyarms

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,

I'm working from Google Sheets, trying to mail merge the address... I'm wondering if there is anyway to take JUST the Street Address from Column D and put it in Column E below. We got data that had the whole address sans commas. We already have matching data for F through H (City, State, ZIP). The Street Address in the example below would be 450 N Wall St or 11838 Center Hill Rd etc. I am looking for a formula to put in Column E that would take out the unneeded City/State/ZIP of Column D, but leave the rest. It could reference Column F for example and say "Copy all text but stop after you hit Column F and then past into Column E" I just am so lost with this stuff. If it's easier in Excel, happy to alternatively get answers for that platform! Thanks in advance

(A) School Name (B) Contact(C) Title(D) Mailing Address(E) Mailing Street(F) Mailing City(G) Mailing State(H) ZIP
Example High SchoolAaronBusiness Education Teacher450 N Wall St Denmark WI 54208-9416DenmarkWI54208
Blank High SchoolAaronPrincipal11838 Center Hill Rd Darlington WI 53530-9605DarlingtonWI53530
Blank High SchoolAaronPrincipalS6520 State Highway 131 Viola WI 54664-8528ViolaWI54664
Tech High SchoolAaronPrincipal700 S Fourth St Milwaukee WI 53204-1760MilwaukeeWI53204

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
Try this in E2
Excel Formula:
=left(D2, FIND(F2,D2)-1)
And of course Steve's solution is more error proof.

Upvote 0
This is probably best in case F2 is blank:

=IF(F2="",D2,TRIM(LEFT(D2,SEARCH(F2,D2&F2)-1)))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abdahsankhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back