Graph Advice

AnAppleADay

Fairly experienced user of Excel but not really used anything more than a basic column/line graph for using two columns of data. I now have three columns of data and i feel like, with experience, it may be possible to work out a way to show the data in a useful manner - Though i haven't got a lot of experience with graphs so I'm after some advice or recommendation on graph graph and how i would go about implementing it.

My data is fruit sales across Southern American regions over the same time period (April to October) in 2018, later i would like to add in data for 2019. The only way i can think to do this is by narrowing it down to one month at a time (or one variety), but that's going to give me A LOT of graphs - Ideally i would like just one per month or by product - A snapshot of last year, fruit sales by country for the time period. I have attached an example below showing one of the months. The data i have for the other months is similar.

The issue i seem to be having is having multiples of the same product i the same month. Would a secondary axis work for this data?

MonthProductStateTotal
AprApplesCalifornia14200
AprApplesFlorida1506
AprApplesTexas42988
AprBananaFlorida1703
AprBananaTexas4077
AprBananaHawaii9033
AprBananaArizona3488
AprBananaAlabama3488

<colgroup><col width="239" style="width: 179pt;"><col width="152" style="width: 114pt;"><col width="183" style="width: 137pt;"><col width="97" style="width: 73pt;"></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions.

Ad

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce

Giordano Bruno

The answer would seem to depend upon what you want the graphs to show. One technique I've used in the past is to have a graph show all data and then simply hide data rows or columns that I want to hide. That way, a single graph can be made to show comparative data for whatever combination you want to see. Maybe that would help you.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JiNXX9500

This Week's Hot Topics

• Change military grades into rank
    Afternoon all Need help with formula that will change military rank (i.e. 1, 2, 3 into Amn, A1C, SrA). Running IF formula that does not work...
  • VBA COUNTIF SOLUTION
    Hi The following are the errors spread across the several columns from E to Q ie. 13 columns across several sheets with more than 500 rows per...
  • INSERT ROW WITH SPECIFIS TEXT IN A COLUMN
    Hi All! How can identify that that the row to be inserted has to be inserted before 1st row with specific text in column F. If I record the...
  • Auto-Create a monthly Sign in sheet for preschool students
    The image below is what each page looks like. Above is space for the "Child Name" "Month" "Class" School days are obviously Monday-Friday but...
  • VBA vlookup multiple results
    Hi folks, Hopefully someone out there can help. I have a list to vlookup which works (ish). the lookup only picks up the first instance of the...
  • Extract values for earliest/latest times
    I am trying to put together a formula to get the earliest start time, the latest end time from column A for each person in Column B-F without the...