Help copying the contents of a changing cell to a another cell but only once and triggered by a change in another cell

phil_jc

Ok, here is my problem

I have a feed of live horse odds coming into a spreadsheet and the odds are changing from several hours before the race right up until the end of the race. What I need to do is to copy the odds of each horse at the start of the race. This can be triggered by another cell that changes from being empty to containing the text "in-play" when the race starts.

I know that it can be achieved using circular references but that is a little messy and I am sure that it could be done via VBA but my knowledge of this is limited.

Hope someone can help.

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
Hi, I think a sample workbook would help on this one. Where would you like the odds copying to?

I could do some example code, but it would be a lot easier for me if I can see where you have things laid out ;)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the quick reply...

For some reason my posting permissions say "You may not post attachments".. is this because I have only just joined

Upvote 0
More than likely. Are you able to upload to another file sharing service, e.g. google drive, dropbox, filedropper etc?

Upvote 0
I think I have just stumbled upon an option in the betting software that automatically posts the SP data to excel.....

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply to my problem....i may be back with further questions as I get deeper into this project..

Thanks again

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stevenciu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back