Help! Macro to delete/cut row based on specific word in column, and paste the first blank row in another worksheet!

Jimmy Nguyen

Hi there everyone, I am new with excel and currently using excel 2003 and I have been asked by my manager to create an action item list and would appreciate anyones help! I've searched through the forums and I cannot find anything that will help me!

What I need is a macro code/button that will:

1) create a button (that will be placed in the sheet called 'New') to DELETE/CUT entire rows and paste them to the first blank rows in either one of the three work sheets: OEM, OPERATORS, SUPPLIERS based on what word is put in the RELATIONSHIP (Column L) which can either be: OEM, OPERATORS, SUPPLIERS.

2) for each of the 3 worksheets mentioned above; OEM, OPERATORS, SUPPLIERS, I would like to have a button on each of the sheets that will DELETE/CUT entire rows and paste them to the first blank row in the 'Archive' sheet based on the STATUS (Column L) and if it says "Closed".

The sheets all have the exact same layout and all the columns are the same. Basically, sheet one (new) is used to put in new action items, sheet two is a summary of the open/active action items, and sheet 3 is an archive of closed action items.

Can anyone help???? Please and thank you :)

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back