Help needed with footerfor word from excel VBA

gigahacker

I am new at VBA, my code is very dirty however it works and my project is 99 percent complete. My project is to take a bunch of different size excel tabs and have them print to one PDF. After a lot of research I found that this is almost impossible so I decided that I would copy ranges from each tab to word and print as one big formatted document. This works prefect however the code I found on the internet for my footer to display, works but I do not understand it enough to modify it. Below I will post what works, what I can't get to work.

<code>'add footer to word document With wrdDoc.Sections(1) With .Footers(wdHeaderFooterPrimary) Set rng = .Range.Duplicate rng.Collapse wdCollapseEnd rng.InsertBefore vbTab & "Page of " rng.Collapse wdCollapseStart rng.Move wdCharacter, 6 wrdDoc.Fields.Add rng, wdFieldPage Set rng = .Range.Duplicate rng.Collapse wdCollapseEnd wrdDoc.Fields.Add rng, wdFieldNumPages End With End With

</code>This is what I recorded using macro recorder however its from within the temp word file and not from excel write to the temp word file.

What I need it to look like: on right footer: Printed &[Date] &[Time]
on left footer: CA4-cs-060 Gas Divider Calibration Certificate
Originated : 10-6-2009 Revised: 11-6-12
Page &[Page] of &[Pages]

Code from recording (this does not work from the excel VBA):

<code> With wrdDoc.PageSetup .LeftHeader = "" .CenterHeader = "" .RightHeader = "" .LeftFooter = "Printed &D &T" .CenterFooter = "" .RightFooter = _ "CA4-cs-060 Gas Divider Calibration Certificate" & Chr(10) & " Originated : 10-6-2009 Revised: 11-6-12" & Chr(10) & " Page &P of &N" .LeftMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.7) .RightMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.7) .TopMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.75) .BottomMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.75) .HeaderMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.3) .FooterMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.3) .Zoom = 100 .PrintErrors = xlPrintErrorsDisplayed .OddAndEvenPagesHeaderFooter = False .DifferentFirstPageHeaderFooter = False .ScaleWithDocHeaderFooter = True .AlignMarginsHeaderFooter = True .EvenPage.LeftHeader.Text = "" .EvenPage.CenterHeader.Text = "" .EvenPage.RightHeader.Text = "" .EvenPage.LeftFooter.Text = "" .EvenPage.CenterFooter.Text = "" .EvenPage.RightFooter.Text = "" .FirstPage.LeftHeader.Text = "" .FirstPage.CenterHeader.Text = "" .FirstPage.RightHeader.Text = "" .FirstPage.LeftFooter.Text = "" .FirstPage.CenterFooter.Text = "" .FirstPage.RightFooter.Text = "" End With

</code>I would like to either use this code or understand how to modify the code that is working...either or, please help.<code></code>

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kfhw720

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back