Hidden Sheet but only when I open in VBA (in excel workbook is visible)

jevi

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,

It is not a hidden sheet with VBA as I know that trick.

I have an excel workbook and i have 3 sheets with different names, when I open the VBA I don't see the third sheet in VBA, but in the workbook in excel I do.

What is the trick? Thank you

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Hi All,

It is not a hidden sheet with VBA as I know that trick.

I have an excel workbook and i have 3 sheets with different names, when I open the VBA I don't see the third sheet in VBA, but in the workbook in excel I do.

What is the trick? Thank you

What do you mean for in "VBA I don't see the third sheet"?
It is not available in the VBAProject frame? You do not succede in addressing it via vba? Or what?

Bye

Upvote 0
What do you mean for in "VBA I don't see the third sheet"?
It is not available in the VBAProject frame? You do not succede in addressing it via vba? Or what?

Bye

Yes Anthony....I don't see it in the VBA frame as a sheet but I do see it in the excel workbook. Like my workbook as 4 sheets with different names and when i open alt + f11, in the vba frame I see only three sheets.

Upvote 0
Humm... It looks like a corruption...
Can you share the workbook, maybe without personal and confidential information? If Yes, then use a filesharing service (dropbox, or filedropper.com).

Bye

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
In addition to macro sheets, the old Excel 5 dialog sheets also don't appear in the Project Explorer window.

Upvote 0
Possibly it could have been a sheet created using CTRL+F11 instead of Alt+F11.
It would have been called Macro1 and may be renamed to something else?

I'll look it up myself as I have never used one but they don't appear listed in the Project Window as a SheetX(name)

https://superuser.com/questions/1253212/what-is-macro-worksheet-in-excel

It is "hidden in the VBAPoject" because it is not a worksheet and thus don't have a "class module" to be shown.

And for sure you realized that the sheet cannot be used for conventional formulas (but only for old macro language; for "old" I mean earlier than 1997).

So just delete the sheet and all will be ok.

Bye

Upvote 0
It is "hidden in the VBAPoject" because it is not a worksheet and thus don't have a "class module" to be shown.

And for sure you realized that the sheet cannot be used for conventional formulas (but only for old macro language; for "old" I mean earlier than 1997).

So just delete the sheet and all will be ok.

Bye

Thank you guys for your ideas. Anthony I think you have right because I can't used for formulas and yes a macro is written in this sheet. The problem is that I need this macro to use to the new file I have created but I don't know why...formulas doesn't work. Should I put the file in dropbox so you can have a look?

Upvote 0
Anthony I think you are right [. . .]
Rory realized it was a Macro Sheet earlier then me.

Oh my God....
Microsoft released Excel 5 in 1993, that introduced VBA and dismissed the previous macro language used up to Excel 4. Are you thinking about using such an old stuff on a new development?
Of course my suggestion is that you move to vba.

Unfortunately, from what I remember, there was non any tool to help migrating from the old language to vba, so you should reverse engineer the current macro to get the list of actions and redesign those actions using vba.
If you need it, there is a Macro Function Help File for Excel 4.0 Macros (Macrofun.exe) that can be downloaded from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=1465
When you run MacroFun.exe it will install a MacroFun.hlp that you can excecute (just doubleclick it, or add a shortcut on your desktop); it will show meaning and syntax of the macro functions.

You might try opening a (one) new discussion asking for help and suggestions for "Converting an Excel4 Macro to vba"; personally I did develop and did use macros in that language, but I have never done that again in the last 20 years

Bye

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back