Hidden/Un-locatable Named Ranges/Charts

dunlop407703

I have been provided a worksheet which I am expanding upon.

When I selected the first tab of the sheet yo copy as a template for a new tab I get the below message..

cVjHJo

cVjHJo

"The name '_1_123Graph_ACHART_9'already exists. Click Yes to use that version of the name, or click No to rename the version you're moving or copying"

This message repeats 6 times for 6 different 'names'. There are no named ranges stored for the worksheet and I cannot find any returns searching the workbook for the names that it is telling me are duplicated.. I really just want to know what are where these duplicated 'names' are? And how to get rid of them.

Thanks

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
For anyone else with this issue I can't say why it happens but in this case the names where not showing up in the name manager. If you use the below vba it will bring up all the "hidden"name ranges and allow you to delete them.

Code:
[COLOR=#242729][FONT=Consolas]Sub TOOLS_DELETENAMEDRANGE()[/FONT][/COLOR]<code style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: Consolas, Menlo, Monaco, "Lucida Console", "Liberation Mono", "DejaVu Sans Mono", "Bitstream Vera Sans Mono", "Courier New", monospace, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; box-sizing: inherit; white-space: inherit;">
  Dim nm As name
  On Error Resume Next

For Each nm In ActiveWorkbook.Names
    If (MsgBox("Delete name- " & nm.name, vbYesNo) = vbYes) Then  
      nm.Delete
    End If
  Next

On Error GoTo 0

</code>End Sub

Reactions: PCL
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caya

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back