Highlight Row VBA Toggle command

steveh8204

Board Regular
Hi,

Is it possible to create code to highlight the row of the selected cell?

I use two screens so even if I select the whole row when I go to my second display excel doesnt show the highlighted row when I select a different window.

I was hoping it was also possible to have a macro that toggles this so I could set a shortcut key which will swicth this on and off as I select different rows.

Thanks in advance.

onlyadrafter

Hello,

This code will highlight the active row, from cols A - L.

Code:
Sub COLOUR_ROW()
    If Selection.Cells.Count > 1 Then End
        With ActiveSheet
            .Rows("1:65536").Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
            .Range(Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 1), Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 12)).Cells.Interior.ColorIndex = 36
        End With
End Sub
and this code will unhighlight all rows.

Code:
Sub UNCOLOUR_ROW()
    With ActiveSheet
    End With
End Sub
This will affect any background coloured cells already created.

Change columns required as necessary, as well as colour. Not sure about the two screens, as I don't have this. But it may point you in the right direction.

Last edited:

steveh8204

Board Regular
Hello,

This code will highlight the active row, from cols A - L.

Code:
Sub COLOUR_ROW()
    If Selection.Cells.Count > 1 Then End
        With ActiveSheet
            .Range(Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 1), Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 12)).Cells.Interior.ColorIndex = 36
        End With
End Sub
and this code will unhighlight all rows.

Code:
Sub UNCOLOUR_ROW()
    With ActiveSheet
    End With
End Sub
This will affect any background coloured cells already created.

Change columns required as necessary, as well as colour. Not sure about the two screens, as I don't have this. But it may point you in the right direction.
This is perfect. It did affect current colouring but I just changed it to start at row 3 so its fine now.

It comes with the added bonus that when I select a new row it clears the previous row.

Thanks very much for your help with this.

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• Get External Data (long shot question!)
    This is likely a long shot but I am wondering if it is at all possible for Excel to somehow 'change' the contents of a URL that is being linked to...
  • Importing multiple excel files into one spreadsheet
    Hi, I'm trying to import multiple excel files (with the same format into a single spreadsheet) so that each day's file is listed underneath the...
  • Cell Formatting
    Good Morning, I need to format a few different cells in the following manners: A1 has to always add a colon (:) after whatever is typed in by a...
  • How to copy multiple rows using If
    Hi all, I'm very new to VBA and have written this simple code to copy certain cells if a certain cell within that row contains any data. I need...
  • Workbook_Change stopped working !
    I am working on an app to speed up & automate processing of Credit Cards statements. After data is input from a CSV file, it is presented to the...
  • VBA If statement
    Dear All, I have two dates, where I'd like a message box to pop, if the dates are between this criteria. [CODE] sDate1 = #10/1/2019#...