Highlighted fill cells -

steve89

Board Regular
wondering if i have highlighted cells so just like accounting one row is white the next one is gray and so on. But if i delete a row how can i make sure that pattern continues?

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Use Conditional Formatting. Highlight the rows you want to apply it to and use this formula:
Code:
=ISODD(ROW())
and choose your gray fill option.

Upvote 0
thank you for the quick replay so i have cells A4:AE100 and every other row is white and then gray i entered this formula in conditional but maybe not in the right place because when i deleted the row its turned anything under that deleted row to gray.

Upvote 0
Remove everything that you have now that is coloring the rows, and replace it with the Conditional Formatting formula, exactly as-is (make no modifications to my formula).

Note: Another way you can accomplish this is to set up your range as a Table in Excel, which automatically alternates color rows.

Upvote 0
You are welcome!

Upvote 0
question even though it works i have an issue -- i have conditional formulas there's and need them to change color when appropriate but the formula you gave me doesn't allow that any ideas?

Upvote 0
Are you saying that you have other conditional formatting rules that should take precedence over this one?
If so, then under Conditional Formatting, go to "Manage Rules", and order them so that the other rules are at the top, and check the "Stop If True" check box.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghennedy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back