Holiday Planner using VBA

AGrace

Board Regular
Hi all,

I'm trying to make a creative and easy to use holiday planner that'll be used with the heads of departments in my office.

I so far have the general layout of how I want the worksheet to look (see images below). The calendar covers the entire year (horizontally).

Planner.png

and the userform for the worksheet

plannerUserForm.png

What I'd like to do is have a user open the userform from a button on the worksheet (not yet added), select an employee, the type of absence (holiday, sick leave or other) and add the "from" and "to" dates. When they hit submit, the userform will match the employees name from the drop down to the worksheet, note the absence type selected (which should format the target cell(s) accordingly -holiday is green, sick leave red and other blue) then find the "from date" and the "to" date and format (colour) the cells horizontally between these two dates.

I have been plugging away at this over the last day trying different types of code examples people have used for similar workbooks, but haven't the experience or skill to adjust them properly. I'm currently stuck on two things; displaying the dates correctly in the two date drop downs, and of course the submit functionality that adds to the sheet.

For the dates drop downs, i was trying the RowSource property and simply copying jan 1st to dec 31st ($C$3:$NC$3) but it doesn't display the dates correctly.. just numbers.

For the Submit button, i'm completely stumped. :confused:

If anyone can help me with either of these two problems, I'd be very grateful!

Thanks in advance.

Adam

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chislobog

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back