How can I have a button or similiar function to switch cell from one forumla to another and back?

Mechixx

Board Regular
Hey there everyone! I've come across something that I'm not sure how to handle actually and would like some input on it.

So my predicament is that i have a table set up that i input time of each tool in a machining program, and it then calculates the average and percentage and kicks out a graph based on that.
It works great however i have it set up for inputting time cumulatively, so then there's a column that then takes a time and subtracts it from the previous time to get the actual time in seconds that tool had taken. And id still like to have the option, but also have the option of just putting in the time individually in case i just time each tool by itself.
I know the easiest would be just to subtract the accumulative times myself and input them as individual times but i like having excel being able to break down the accumulative times for me.

So im wondering what the best way to handle this is? so that i could input times as either accumulative, or individually? And i want it so that i can just add/delete tools and times as needed for each operation i study.

I was thinking maybe a button that could switch from accumulative time mode, to individual time mode or something? but not sure how that would work, any input would be greatly appreciated!!

Here's what my table looks like for reference.

13662144_10154305656390053_5590697298744050376_o.jpg

Ok lets see how this works for you. You said you are calc'ing averages, so I modified my suggestion to that...

A​
B​
C​
D​
E​
F​
G​
19​
time 1
time 1
time 2
time 2
switch
value used
20​
manual
cumulative
manual
cumulative
21​
rough bore105201510
22​
finish bore1052015x15
G21=AVERAGEIF($B$20:$E$20,IF(F21="x","manual","cumulative"),B21:E21)
copied down

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
i like the use of fixing the switch cell! thatll come in handy

and yea i was thinking more so that, say if the switch is on in row 10, to use all the manual time inputs, or if the switch is off, use all the cumulative time inputs

Upvote 0
You can do either, but posy here too :)

Alrighty, sorry for the long wait but I've finally done it!, The averageif was very useful, and even set up some conditional formatting so when i input the switch x it marks the cells I'm not using a red color.
Thanks again for all of your help, wouldn't have been able to do it otherwise! Cheers!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bes000

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back