How can I make budgeting easier?

toddsqui

So I have a new job and am trying to examine my expenses in excel (i.e. to budget), and I would like to find a way to automatically populate rows that will serve the purpose of not only dividing each week separately but also to calculate--inside one of the cells within the row--the week's total expenses. And then to start anew for the next week and automatically have a new row created at the end of the week.

My questions: Is there some kind of excel template for this sort of thing, or do I need to type out some formula? What are my options?

Any information will be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Todd

p.s.

I would have searched this topic in previous threads, but I honestly didn't know which words to use to look this subject up. Apologies!!

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
With Excel 2010 (and possibly 2007) when you select File New you have the option to pick from about 30 template categories, two of which are Budget's Business and Budgets home following the links leads to many choices. You can also use links in Excel 2003 Getting started (and similar functionality in later versions) to connect to MS Office Online where you can select the templates section and search for Budget Templates for the version of Excel you are using. (e.g. Budgets Excel 2003)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ExcelfromGermany

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back