How to automatically output data on a timed schedule

masplin

I have a large power bi model published to the cloud and this is linked to an excel workbook using Bi publisher to out put data tables that need to be fed to a CRM system on a regular basis. I've posted in the excel forum as I am told there is no facility to output BI service data directly in any shape or form. If someone knows different then great.

So currently I can write a macro to run on a schedule to essential just refresh the data in the workbook then save the workbook down. The problem is for the macro to run I have to have the excel window active or it stops. Practically speaking that would mean having a pc dedicated to just this task that sits in the corner and never goes to sleep. This seems a somewhat 20th century solution!!!!

Does anyone have any suggestions how to make a workbook refresh and save in a more 21st Century fashion? Even better would be finding a way to output Power Bi reports on a schedule to a csv or xlsx. Basically we need this to run every 2 hours so not practical to have human involvement.

Thanks for any advice
Mike

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smckenzie2016

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back