How to automatically send email based on Excel cell values

SAFranklin

Hey all, l’m new here and hope I can get some help with a macro. I have a workbook that tracks data from employees and what I need is an automatic email sent to HR when either of two columns (column AE and AF) reach a certain cell value. It will also need to send another email with any increases to the cell value but decreases to the cell value will not create an email. I have been trying to get this put together for some time now but I just can’t seem to figure it out so I’m asking the experts for some help. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Below is what I believe to be the necessary data, if I’ve missed something please let me know.

Using Excel 2013
Email is Outlook
Column B is populated with employee names
Column AE starting value = 4
Column AF starting value = 40
The two columns are populated with formulas, they are not a manual entry
The worksheet title is “Summary” and this is the only worksheet in this workbook that the macro needs to be applied to.
I would like, but not required, to have the email sent when the workbook is closed. It can be sent as soon as the cell is changed.
The data collection starts on Row 7 but the last row fluctuates depending on the number of employees
All emails will be sent to the same email address, let’s use hrmanager@companyabc.com

Email Subject = “(Data in Column B) attendance”
The body of the emails needs to read:
“HR Manager,
(Data in Column B) currently has (data in AE) tardies in the past year and needs to have his attendance reviewed.
Thanks”

Or

“HR Manager,
(Data in Column B) currently has (data in AF) unexcused hours in the past year and needs to have his attendance reviewed.
Thanks”

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
I do have quite a bit more columns that would require an email to HR for both positive and negative employee achievements. I figured if I could get help with just the first two them I could use this info to continue the process with all the other. Thanks Again.

Upvote 0
Thanks Michael but one of the many places I've already looked. I'm pretty green with macros and I'm trying to get help by doing it to my application so I can understand the codes easier. From there, I will apply it and expand the macro to include all the data. Right it's done manually on about 400 employees with 16 different measurables each. It can be quite cumbersome and employee discipline and rewards get missed too often. Thanks for the suggestion!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aides

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back