How to autosize default Excel 2010 workbook on opening

wrexcel

I am using Excel 2010 and have created a new default workbook, Book.xlts, and saved it in the XLSTART folder.

A Ctrl-N will create a new workbook in the open Excel window based on this default workbook, but it retains its original size. I would like this window to open as the standard, default workbook would, auto-sized to fill to the edge of the Excel window, no matter what the window size. This appears to a standard feature. For example, when I download an Excel file from the web, it always opens filling in most of the space in the Excel window, no matter what the Excel window size. Although this feature appears to be quite common, how it's done eludes me.

Many Google searches find similar problems, but their solutions don't fit. Some solutions give VBA macros to be stored with the workbook, which must be saved as macro enabled, but neither the standard default workbook nor the downloaded excel files have stored code.

Could someone please help me identify which property/parameter was missed in creating my default Book.xltx? And how to specify it? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back