HOW TO: Create a makro in order to find jpeg.file on mac, and open upon click?

Chris_CS

Dear all,
I am by no means an Excel or Makro expert - far from it actually, but I am working in an Excel file which includes all my data, so I have to find a way to make this work. I sincerely hope someone out there/ here can help me.

Each of the items in my database contains one field (let's say column D) which provides the last five digits of a jpeg-file name. Now to make my work (analyzing the respective item) easier, I would like for each cell to open up the actual jpeg-file at a click.
I tried to do this with hyperlinks and inserted them manually by finding each image in its separate folder on my computer. Even though the location of the images on my Mac did not change, the hyperlinks in the Excel-file deactivated when the Excel-file was saved or saved under a new name.
My solution now - after brainstorming with friends - is to come up with a makro that would search for the jpeg-files on my computer (or on any harddrive) and function like a link to open what you are looking for.

I don't know whether this is actually doable, and whether I would be able to program this - but I am hoping that some of you have thoughts on this!

Thanks so much in advance and I hope to hear from you soon :)

Chris

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChipDude83

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back