How to make a reporting-sheet user friendly?

McQuinge

Hi!
Please be prepared for some bad english, thats also I think the reason that I can't find a solution from earlier threads.

My challenge is to make a user friendly solution to fill in info from a paperform to a sheet.
The way I have built the sheet is that every paperform is unique and have it's own ID number, so the sheet is now containing 2000 lines, and 103 columns for each cell in the paperform.
The paperform is divided in to 6 different stages, meaning that part 1 will be filled out first and this will also be the first part of information I will put in the sheet.
My wish is that this can be done by using 6 differents userform where I just choose or type the ID number, and then I can put in the information I got from the diferent parts of the paperform.

My goal with this is to have a backup from the paperforms, and using mail merge to print out an digital version of the same paperform later. looks better for customers.

Okey I hope you all understand my challenge, if not I could try to make an example maybe...

Regards
McQuinge

Last edited:

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
Hi,

I don't write or understand VBA so I cannot help you further with this problem, sorry.

Take a look here in how to create a userform and populate a sheet with the data....

http://www.contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html

This is a very basic Userform, but it will give you some ideas on how to construct yours and once you have created your first Userform follow the same process for your 2nd, 3rd and so on.

At the end of the code for the cmdAdd Button on your first Userform you would need to put something like this just before the End Sub.....

Unload Me
UserForm2.Show

on your 2nd Userform....

Unload Me
UserForm3.Show

and so on until your last Userform where you wouldn't need to load another Userform. The above will close one Userform and load the next one.

I hope this helps point you in the right direction, sorry I couldn't be of more help to you.

Good luck.

Ak

Upvote 0
With all due respect to the original poster but the reason why no one has helped him, in my opinion, is because there is so much to be done. He is not asking a simple question, he is asking for a complete workbook build that includes custom userforms of which no one knows what information needs to be what or go where.

There are professional people out there that charge money for these builds. I would recommend trying to contract someone to do it or educate yourself, like Akashwani has pointed out, on how to do it. You can ask specific questions along the road of making your own userform here and I am sure you will get tons of assistance.

I am not trying to be mean, just practical. Maybe I am wrong and someone will step up to the plate to help build this workbook for you pro bono

Upvote 0
Thanks for the tip Akashwani, I have watched some of the videos on youtube from contextures. And now I found some example files and detailed information about the code. Thanks again!

Upvote 0
With all due respect to the original poster but the reason why no one has helped him, in my opinion, is because there is so much to be done.

Hi Stnkynts! That could be true, and thanks for your feedback.
I don't know about all the functions in excel but I'm willing to learn.
I can see that I should be a bit more spesific in what I want feedback on.

I tried to tell my case, and I explained a way I was thinking it could work.
And with this I wanted feedback on if this was the most effective solution or if there is other ways to make this easier.

My guess is that I'm not the first guy who wants to save a paperform in excel.

Sorry for the lousy beginning of this thread. Hoping I cleared a few things!:)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aircuart

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back