How to manage column order of power pivot drill down results?

jbaich

Board Regular
Just curious if there is any way to manage the order of the columns returned when drilling through a power pivot table?

The results currently returned do not match the source table's column order, which is the same in both the query and data model...

It appears that the drill down order is mirroring the order of the fields displayed in the pivot table fields list, which it seems is alphabetical, but i'd like to retain the filed (column) order from the original table (from either the query, data model or table in the sheet...)

The pivot table is sourcing from a query, so i'm guessing there must be a setting somewhere to deselect alphabetical sort... I've tried toggling between the Field list display options (sort A to Z and Sort in data source order) in the PivotTable Options box, but it doesn't seem to make a difference... I thought for sure sort in data source order was going to do the trick, but no...

I'm also trying to figure out why none of the field or column formats that I set in my queries and/or data model tables flow through to my worksheet tables? No matter what I do for formatting in the queries or data models, when i load to tables everything is in General format... what am i missing here?

Thanks,
Joe

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back