How to use form controls to generate/populate new worksheet into new filename from existing templates?

zammy

Hi, I am very new to this forum. I am new to VBA although I am quite experienced with Excel. I would really be appreciative of anyone who can help me with the following, or at least guide me to the resources/functions I should be looking at to achieve them:

I have a master file from which I have multiple templates of forms we use at our workplace for the various jobs we have assigned. These forms are found in separate worksheets with their own unique names.

For the purpose of illustration, lets call the master file as FormsMaster.xls, and the individual worksheets as AssignmentForm, Form1, Form2, Form3, etc...

The idea that I have is:

1. Users will be required to fill in a job entry/assignment form (AssignmentForm worksheet) already created in FormsMaster.xls, or a VBA Pop-up form window (whichever is recommended as best practice). Consider either of these have been done.

2. The user input fields will be for some common fields like project name, sample source, sample ID, sample description, date, username, that will appear in all the form headers. These inputs are to be copied over to all the forms that are to be generated, as chosen by the checkboxes of the tests to be carried out (to be represented by the respective forms). (I suppose the easiest way to do this is simply referencing all the form templates to these fields found on the job assignment form (#2 above), rather than to push the data upon clicking on the button mentioned in step 5 below.)

3. Within the AssignmentForm worksheet, there are check-boxes for users to select which jobs have been assigned, and they are used to populate or generate new forms copied from the existing worksheets (form templates).

4. There are dependent option buttons grouped with some of these check-boxes (they define how many copies or which type of the forms may be needed for the particular job assigned).

5. Once the user has clicked on the button, the program is supposed to generate new files with a customized filename (e.g. ProjName-SampleSource-SampleID-FormID.xls) for the respective worksheets, to be saved/stored in their respective folders (e.g. ../ClientName/ProjName/SampleSource/). Ideally, a pop-up will appear to inform user where the files are stored.

6. These will be preceded by a print function, which runs a print job based on the predefined options. Ideally, user will be prompted if he/she wish to go ahead with the printing of the forms listed in a pop-up window before the print job is executed.

That's it. Thank you very much in advance.

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
Anyone? Do advise if I should repost or restructure my question to get a better response. Thank you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rscraig11

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back