how use distinct in formula

Forestq

Hi,

I have functions:
Code:
=SUMPRODUCT(1-(Id=""),--(SEC=A2))

it's posible somehow to use here distinct in def.range called "Id" ? because I want sum distinct ID

I know that I can use pivot, but if is posisble please help me.

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Hi Forest
Let me ask you a question to fully understand the problem, so if Excel had a matrix function to extract distinct (like in sql) values from a range called DISTINCT and I apply to range ID as in 1-(DISTINCT(ID)="") you will not know the size of the resulting range, so how would you match the sizes of SEC range?
Sergio

Upvote 0
hi,

I need to count unique value from range called "ID" for proper value(it's stream - range called SEC).
example: how many unique ID are for stream A, B, C (where stream are in range SEC)

if you maybe show me how I just can do it for range "ID" it would be great. I don't know any functions which can I use :/

Upvote 0
what i would like to know is how do i get my customer address to automatically fill in (cell b) if i select them by customer number (drop down menu in cell a) in an different cell (cell c)

[h=2]what i would like to know is how do i get my customer address to automatically fill in (cell b) if i select them by customer number (drop down menu in cell a) in an different worksheet?[/h]

Upvote 0
I do not know a way to do this with SUMPRODUCT because SUMPRODUct needs the ranges to be of the same size and DISTINCT(ID) has a variable length
I know that you can do that using Microsoft Query, Advanced Filter or Pivot Tables
Sorry
Sergio

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnur

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back