hyperlink error, connected to tab name that changes

mckeamic

I have attached a link of a screenshot of the workbook I am working on. I will try to describe what I need, but it might be easier to see the picture with it.

https://postimg.cc/BLm3d5t4

*in the workbook I have a main "DATA" worksheet & an individual worksheet for each individual egg. So...

1) On the "DATA" worksheet, in column A is just counting list of 1-600. In column B has the same corresponding number to the counting list (to the left, in column A), as we receive an egg the user will input in an egg log # that will get assigned to it in column B.

2) On the individual sheet, a lot of the information is auto-populated from information entered in the "DATA" sheet. There is a macro code in its tab that will take the egg log # it was assigned (on the individual sheet) from cell C7 and change the tab name to the egg log #.

Question: with example:
Is there a way to insert a hyperlink on the "DATA" page from column A {egg #} (cell A5),
to make it go to the individual page (even though its tab name will change), tab name now b1-27-3, was 1

Thanks in advance and let me know if you have any questions.

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
In the cell on the DATA sheet where you want the hyperlink, enter the following formula (in this case for the first logged egg in row 5):

= HYPERLINK( "#'" & $B5 & "'!$A$1", $B5 )

As is, this will display the sheet name in the hyperlink, but could be extended by adding text to the first argument in the function (but do NOT delete any of the existing components as these are what creates the link to the target sheet)

HYPERLINK is a function that returns a hyperlink rather than a native hyperlink created via the Insert menu. I use it in a Sheet Table of Contents for a workbook, where I enter the sheet name in column B and automatically get a hyperlink to that sheet wherever I locate the formula.

Upvote 0
Thank you for all of your help. I will try it in the next few days, been busy at work and let you know if it worked.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojomen56

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back