If and match function

ehardway123

Hey all, I am having trouble with this formula. I created two teir drop down, one of the product and the dropdown of customers that have that product. I am trying to get the net revenue of the customer under that product for a month. The thing is that the customer is not unique under that product, a customer can have multiple products. I tried doing an hlookup but was unable to get the revenue since it isn't unique and looks up only the first value it see. So next I added a key that added the product&customer. I created two pivot tables now. One of products with customers underneath it with totals by month and another that has the key (customers&products) to get the net revenue of the month of the product I have selected. How do I get the net revenue of January of a customer of a specific product I choose from dropdown 1? I have tried doing this formula but it doesn't work. =IF(A12=A10,(INDEX(rev,MATCH(A12,Sheet5!A1:A234,0),2,""))) , where a12= a9&a10 (a9=dropdown of customer, a10=dropdown of product). I was trying to get the product that I choose to match with the key to get the revenue for month of jan.

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
I figured out a way to do it but in the APR and AUG it is giving me an N/A. I used this forumula: =HLOOKUP(N7,rev,MATCH($M$9,Sheet5!$A$1:$A$234,0)) , N7 is Jan and M9 =a12 (customers&products), it did it for all the other months except APR and Aug. APR forumula : =HLOOKUP(Q7,rev,MATCH($M$9,Sheet5!$A$1:$A$234,0)) . It should be $150 but instead it is giving me an N/A. Any idea why? The rest of the Months, beside AUG, are working properly.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
provoking

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back