If Formula (Vlookup/OR/AND)

kh99523

Hi,

I have posted a problem earlier which got solved by user "Fluff". Now my supervisor found something in the solution that is not correct due to linking in other formula. Therefore, I am facing a new situation:

I have 2 Sheets:

Sheet 1: Columns B, C, D & E. Column B is the Stock Status (Either "No change" or "Change in Stock"). Column C is the Config-No which belongs to two different Orders - Column D is Ord 1 and Column E is Ord 2. In some cases the cells for Ord 1 and Ord 2 can be empty due the fact that there is only one or no order or due to the fact that one of the order has already been sold

Sheet 2: Columns B, C, D & E. Column B are all Config No. Column C are all Order No. Column D are all Transactions ID´s and Column E determines whether the Config No is "in Stock" or "To be deleted".

Ich need a formula for Cells in Column B on Sheet 1. This formula should check whether the Config ID in Sheet 2 (Column C) is marked with "To be deleted" in Sheet 2 Column E. The issue is that every Config ID No in column c on sheet 2 is listed twice as to each Config No can belong up to two Ord. No. In case one of the is marked with "To be deleted" the formula on Sheet 1 in Column B should say "Change in Stock" and in case both (or one if it is only one order no) are marked with "In Stock" it should stay "No change".

I have tried the formula:
IF(OR(AND(VLOOKUP([C4;Sheet2!$B$4:$E$550;4;FALSE);VLOOKUP([D4;Sheet2!$B$4:$E$550;4;FALSE)="To be deleted");AND(VLOOKUP([C4;Sheet2!$B$4:$E$550;4;FALSE);VLOOKUP([E4;Sheet2!$B$4:$E$550;4;FALSE)="To be deleted"));"Change in Stock";"No Change")

But this did not work..

Anyone here who can help? I wish I could attach a file but I did not manage to find a way to attach an Excel file

Kind regards,
KO

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
In case I need to explain anything in further detail please ask!

Any help is really much appreciated! Thanks in advance

Upvote 0
Solution:

<code style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-weight: inherit; line-height: 12px;">=IFERROR(IF(INDEX(TRANS!$F$4:$F$222,MATCH(1,(TRANS!$C$4:$C$222=[@[Config No.]])*(TRANS!$F$4:$F$222="To be deleted"),0))="To be deleted","Change in Stock"),"No Change")</code>

Upvote 0
Try this:

=IF(SUMPRODUCT((sheet2!$B$4:$B$500=C4)*(sheet2!$E$4:$E$500="To be deleted"))= 1,"Change in Stock","No change")

Upvote 0
How about:

=IF(COUNTIFS(sheet2!$B$4:$B$500,C4,sheet2!$E$4:$E$500,"To be deleted"),"Change in Stock","No change")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kirbito

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back