IF Formula with conditions

barryh1606

Morning,I am trying to create a formula for a spreadsheet that is linked to another spreadsheet.In my spreadsheet i would like the formula to look at one cell say for a particular text, and if the information is correct then look to another cell for a particular number, which if both are correct will then give me the value from my final cell.If the information is not correct in originating cell then i need it look another cell and start the process again.I have attached a copy of my spreadsheet for your perusal, hopefully it makes sense. I only need the gratuity figure which gets pulled over to a master spreadsheet which is linked across, but because it changes depending on what transactions types have been used, it isn't always accurate.Thank you in advance for your help.Barry

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
Re: IF Formula with conditions HELP !!!

Welcome to the Board!

You cannot upload files to this site. But there are tools you can use to post screen images. They are listed in Section B of this link here: http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/board-a...forum-use.html.
Also, there is a Test Here forum on this board that you can use to test out these tools to make sure they are working correctly before using them in your question.

Upvote 0
Re: IF Formula with conditions HELP !!!

Note that we usually tell people to only do that as a last resort.
Why?
Due to security concerns, many people are unable or unwilling to download files off of the internet (my workplace actually blocks all those file sharing sites).
So doing that will actually reduce your pool of potential helpers.

Upvote 0
is it always only just 1 entry of Gratuity in Column E?

Upvote 0
Hi Alan,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes it is always just one entry of gratuity for credit card, if it is a cash sale it is classed as change, which I don't need to record.

Joe, i am just going through the steps for the html add-in, thank you also.

Barry

Upvote 0
Hi,

Thank you for your help, if i was wanting to add this value as a link to another spreadsheet, how would I write out the formula

=LOOKUP(9999,E:E,E:E) then the location of the file or would it be the file location first then the lookup formula.

E.g If my master spreadsheet was called "Test 1" and I created the formula in this spreadsheet but my data was in "Test 2", what would my formula be then.

Thank you again for your help..

Upvote 0
just add the sheet name in front, i.e.

=LOOKUP(9999,'Test 2'!E:E,'Test 2'!E:E)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mm424

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back