If statements

Graysleaf

Good morning,

I would like to know how to write an IF statement that is capable to do the following:

=IF(C3:I8)(Sheet1) contains "5229" then copy A3 of same row(Sheet1) and paste to (Sheet4) B2

Any ideas? ;)

This worked great when I posted it to same sheet :)
I just need to figure some way to use more than one 5229 entry. Column A has a list of names. The array C3:I8 will contain 5229 in several locations. any location that has 5229 in array will need to pull the name in column A and move it to another sheet. If there are duplicate 5229 then I will have duplicate names and I'd like all the names to be in one cell of another sheet.
Thanks,

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
I am sure that somone could create an ARRAY formula - too complex for me :confused: :confused: :confused:

The VBA however is very simple

Code:
Sub Test()
    For Each cel In Sheets("Sheet1").Range("C3:I8")
        If cel.Value = 5229 Then  Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A" & cel.Row).Copy Sheets("Sheet4").Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Offset(1)
    Next
End Sub

It copies the values from sheet 1 column A of the same row as found value "5229" to the next available cell in Sheet 4 column B

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@Graysleaf
I have started a thread with a more relevant title asking others to look at my Array formula to see if they can modify it
I will monitor that thread to see if anyone replies there, but I have included a link to this thread
This is the link to other thread

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Good morning,

I would like to know how to write an IF statement that is capable to do the following:

=IF(C3:I8)(Sheet1) contains "5229" then copy A3 of same row(Sheet1) and paste to (Sheet4) B2

Any ideas? ;)

Care to post what you have in C3:I8 and A3:A8?

Upvote 0
Hi
C3:I8 contain cells that list a number. I've been using 5229 as an example. (several duplicates of numbers will be in this array but only one per cell)
A3:A8 contain peoples names. (no names are duplicated)
If C3:I8 contains 5229 then same row column A would be pasted on different sheet, say Sheet4 B2. If multiple names need to be placed in cell B2 could they appear as a list?

Upvote 0
A B C D
1 Jim 23 23 24
2 Kay 23 23 23
3 Pat 19 19 19
4 Ken 17 19 17

Id like to enter a number in array of B1:D17 as indicated "23"
When 23 is entered Id like the name "Jim" to be pasted to another sheet in a text box would be ideal so that I could move it around.
If any other 23's are in array B1:D17 then I'd like them to be in same text box.
column's A-D are calendar dates. Id like the "text box" to only be looking at current day of the week.

If you guys can pull this off, You're amazing!

Upvote 0
Hi
C3:I8 contain cells that list a number. I've been using 5229 as an example. (several duplicates of numbers will be in this array but only one per cell)
A3:A8 contain peoples names. (no names are duplicated)
If C3:I8 contains 5229 then same row column A would be pasted on different sheet, say Sheet4 B2. If multiple names need to be placed in cell B2 could they appear as a list?

Thanks for the clear problem description.

Sheet1 (data)

Row\Col
A​
B​
C​
D​
E​
F​
G​
H​
I​
3​
jack
85​
106​
89​
97​
60​
114​
49​
4​
mark
67​
79​
26​
102​
50​
109​
122​
5​
ian
42​
74​
61​
61​
106​
62​
31​
6​
yan
92​
102​
20​
78​
70​
49​
102​
7​
dave
73​
115​
61​
108​
100​
85​
71​
8​
zack
124​
120​
84​
84​
81​
61​
64​

Sheet2 (processing)

Row\Col
B​
1​
61​
2​
ian
3​
dave
4​
zack
5​
6​

B1 houses a number of interest.

In B2 control+shift+enter, not just enter, and copy down:

=IFERROR(INDEX(Sheet1!$A$3:$A$8,SMALL(IF(FREQUENCY(IF(1-(Sheet1!$A$3:$A$8=""),IF(Sheet1!$C$3:$I$8=$B$1,MATCH(Sheet1!$A$3:$A$8,Sheet1!$A$3:$A$8,0))),ROW(Sheet1!$A$3:$A$8)-ROW(Sheet1!$A$3)+1),ROW(Sheet1!$A$3:$A$8)-ROW(Sheet1!$A$3)+1),ROWS($B$2:B2))),"")

Upvote 0
You guys Rock!
So when I past array in Sheet2 B2 only A3 appears from Sheet1.
Is there a way to have these pulled from Sheet1 into a text box on Sheet2?
Greatly appreciated :)

Upvote 0
In your example above with Sheet1 (data);

I'd like "current day" (column C) to place all names listed in column A whom have "85" in current day to be pasted into text box on Sheet2.
If there is more than one "85" listed in column C then place all names of same row from column A into list on Sheet2 text box.

Upvote 0
Please let me know if I'm asking confusing questions, I try to simplify the questions and add things on to clarify the request. ;)
If that's too confusing just let me know and I'll see if I can articulate what the final product is that I'm looking for.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHOJ

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back