Ignore Zeros in a Pie Chart

tester100099

Hello!

I'm working on creating a pie chart that draws data from a fair number of source cells. However, a good number of these cells = 0%. How can adjust the chart data range to ignore zeros.

Here is my chart data range:

='Jan-10'!$G$3:$G$18,'Jan-10'!$K$3:$K$18

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Jason,

Thanks for pointing me to that website, but I have already tried that and was unsuccessful.

What else can I try?

Upvote 0
Jason,

Thanks for pointing me to that website, but I have already tried that and was unsuccessful.

What else can I try?

What does that mean? That Andy's approach fails with a particular version of Excel? Or something else?

Upvote 0
After some more attempts with Andy's approach, I have been able to nearly get it to work. I get lost on how to use the "named ranges" step.

Upvote 0
Whereever you have a zero (0) you do not want to reflect on the chart, change the zero to #N/A. Change the font color to the same color as the cell color to hide the text.

Upvote 0
Bill,

That solution is not an option for me since my data is formulated from other cells. Because of this, I do not want to have to change zeros to another value, unless I am able to add this into the formula. Is it a possibility to change the formula to replace zeros with #N/A automatically?

For reference, the data for my chart has cells formulated like "=$I10/$I$19"

Upvote 0
Peter,

Your method worked to turn all zeros into #N/A, but now Andy's method to remove zeros from the chart falls apart in the second column of "temporary data." Now, all values past this point show "#N/A" and give a "Value Not Available Error." I'm not sure why this is still not working....

Thanks to all for your help on this problem!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoom82

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back