NathanA

I am using an individual number (Master NSN) on my main sheet to return Team name based on two other tables. I match the tims-nsnnumber from the first table (Achieved10Credits) with the Master NSN.

The main issue lies with adding in a second criteria based on another lookup. I aim to use the Master NSN to match information with the first table (Achieved10Credits) which contains fullname to return OwnerName from the second table (Lookup). However the formula I am using at the moment returns #NA where I don't expect a result, and #REF ! where I do.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Code:
 =INDEX(Lookup[Team name],MATCH([@[Master NSN]],Achieved10Credits[tims_nsnnumber],0),MATCH(Achieved10Credits[fullname],Lookup[OwnerName],0))
entered as an array formula

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
I am using an individual number (Master NSN) on my main sheet to return Team name based on two other tables. I match the tims-nsnnumber from the first table (Achieved10Credits) with the Master NSN.

The main issue lies with adding in a second criteria based on another lookup. I aim to use the Master NSN to match information with the first table (Achieved10Credits) which contains fullname to return OwnerName from the second table (Lookup). However the formula I am using at the moment returns #NA where I don't expect a result, and [URL=https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=REF]#REF [/URL] ! where I do.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Code:
 =INDEX(Lookup[Team name],MATCH([@[Master NSN]],Achieved10Credits[tims_nsnnumber],0),MATCH(Achieved10Credits[fullname],Lookup[OwnerName],0))
entered as an array formula

first, it doesn't have to be entered as an array formula

second, it returns a #REF ! error since the Lookup[Team name] is just one column but you have parameters for both row_num and col_num, for example the first MATCH function (row_num) returns 3 and the second MATCH (col_num) returns 5, therefore, it would look into Lookup[Team name], go 3 rows down and 5 columns to the right, but since the array is just one column wide, it would give #REF ! error

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strawberrish

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back